Triathlon: US victory for Alistair Brownlee
Monday 22 April 2013
Olympic champion Alistair Brownlee began his 2013 World Triathlon Series season with a comfortable win in San Diego.
Brownlee missed the campaign opener in Auckland but put in an impressive performance yesterday. He beat second-placed South African Richard Murray by 20 seconds, with Olympic silver medallist Javier Gomez finishing back in eighth.
"It's good to have had an injury-free winter. I enjoyed that, it was great," Brownlee said after the race. "I've only done six weeks of training.
"I did Abu Dhabi six weeks ago and I pushed on since then. That's all I've done in terms of really meaningful work on the track."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing Executiv...
£40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An international organisa...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Internal Recruiter -Rugby, Warwicksh...