Ricky Hatton's showdown with Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas in May could be back on, just a day after it looked to have been scuppered by a row over money.
Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum will fly to the Philippines this weekend in a bid to get his fighter to sign a contract for the bout, according to his publicist Bill Caplan.
And Caplan revealed Arum was "very optimistic" the contest, which was set to take place in Las Vegas on 2 May, will still take place.
He told Radio Five Live: "Speaking for Bob Arum this is his plan. We have a big fight here between (Antonio) Margarito and (Sugar Shane) Mosley (on Saturday).
"On Sunday Bob is getting on a plane to the Philippines and he will be there on Tuesday morning for a meeting with Manny Pacquiao.
"He hopes to sign him to a contract on Tuesday and if that goes well they will have a press conference on Wednesday - Tuesday in the UK.
"My boss Bob Arum is very optimistic. That's why after a fight week in LA and a lot of work he is hopping on a plane to the Philippines. He is very optimistic."
A row over money had looked to have scuppered what would have been a highly lucrative clash for both fighters, with Hatton's camp becoming disillusioned by Pacquiao's claims and walking away from the negotiating table.
The fighters had agreed before Christmas to split the purse equally but it emerged earlier this month that the Filipino superstar was demanding 60 per cent.
Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams told PA Sport yesterday that the fight was "dead in the water" and revealed early negotiations were under way with Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr.