Cycling: Cavendish feels at home with Sky
Thursday 05 January 2012
Mark Cavendish says "coming home" to Team Sky is the perfect end to the most prolific year of his life. The Manxman won last year's Tour de France green jersey and world road race title and was recently recruited by Team Sky from HTC-Highroad.
Cavendish was unveiled as the head of the team's 10-strong British contingent, where he links up with the likes of Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas.
"It's the first time as a successful rider that I have moved team so I cannot compare the feeling to anything else," Cavendish said yesterday. "I can't imagine it would be anywhere near as easy to be in a team anywhere else. I really feel at home. It is like coming home."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
£49000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client is...
£48000 - £54000 per annum + Benefits package: Progressive Recruitment: My clie...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: If you're pa...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: SAP Business...