Cycling: Mark Cavendish hits car in training
Tuesday 20 November 2012
Mark Cavendish said he was "relatively OK" after colliding with a car while training in Italy and following Bradley Wiggins and Shane Sutton to become British cycling's third well-known figure to crash in a road accident recently.
A car braked suddenly in front of the 2011 world road race champion, who last month left Team Sky for Omega Pharma-Lotto, leading the 27-year-old from the Isle of Man to tweet: "Hit the back of a car that slammed on in training. Wasn't ideal. Apart from a bruised arm, I'm relatively ok."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...