Something For The Weekend: 12/11/2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
The first fight of the Hitman's new career as a trainer takes place at the Oldham Sports Centre tonight, when Hatton will be in the corner for his undefeated welterweight charge Adam Little's bout against Billy Smith.
The former two-weight world champion has admitted he will be "nervous" before the four-round contest, but has imparted some of the advice he has picked up from working with respected trainers such as Billy Graham and Floyd Mayweather Snr, plus his own wisdom, such as: "Do the early morning runs and ignore the chip shop."
Stories you might have missed
Oman 1-0 Australia
It's been an awful week for travelling Australian sportsmen. First their batsmen were embarrassed in South Africa, and yesterday, the Socceroos suffered a shock defeat in the 2014 World Cup Asia Group D qualifier in Muscat. Amad Al Hosni scored the only goal of the game in the 18th minute as Paul Le Guen's side recorded a crucial victory.
Have you been paying attention?
1. What total were Australia bowled out for in their second innings against South Africa on Thursday?
2. How many players in the Spain squad are on the Ballon d'Or shortlist?
3. How many of Joe Frazier's 32 wins came by knockout?
4. What will Newcastle United's St James' Park stadium now be known as?
5. What career-high position did Rory McIlroy climb to in the world golf rankings?
Latest in Sport
Fifa corruption: Could Fifa's president Sepp Blatter face arrest as part of the FBI investigation into alleged corruption?
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Bath vs Saracens live: Saracens win Premiership final with 28-16 victory thanks to tries from Owen Farrell, Jamie George and Chris Wyles
Fifa corruption live: Sepp Blatter tries to shift attention to Uefa and says he expects more from US investigators
Young Preston fan who had Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley presented with replacement signed by the play-off hero
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for an i...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for the ...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time Administrator/Secreta...
£16500 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading Mercedes-Ben...