Gareth Ellis enjoying Hull pressure
Thursday 16 May 2013
Hull captain Gareth Ellis says he will relish having the pressure on his shoulders as he seeks to turn his new club into a Super League force.
Expectations at the KC Stadium soared when the England forward opted to join the Black and Whites on his return from Australia and Ellis has helped them to victory in his first two games.
All eyes will now be on the former Leeds second rower when he leads Hull out against in-form Warrington tomorrow – and that is how he likes it. "That was part of the reason for me going to Hull," said Ellis. "It is a club with a lot of expectation and they've probably underachieved in recent years."
Latest in Sport
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised