Salford tread new grounds
Friday 25 November 2011
Salford will be curtain-raisers for two new grounds in the opening weeks of the next Super League season. The City Reds stage the first competitive match at their new stadium at Barton on 4 February, with Castleford as their opponents. Six days later, they are the first Super League visitors to St Helens' new Langtree Park home. Super League newcomers Widnes begin at home to Wakefield. The champions, Leeds, host Hull KR the same evening.
The Magic Weekend of games, involving all 14 clubs at one location, will be held next season at Manchester City's Etihad Stadium on 26 and 27 May.
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Missing out on Tottenham job was a 'close shave', says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend