Ballesteros out of intensive care
Tuesday 18 November 2008
Five-times major winner Seve Ballesteros has been moved out of intensive care and is continuing to recover from surgery on a brain tumour, his hospital said today.
The 51-year-old Spaniard was taken to Madrid's La Paz hospital at the start of October after suffering from dizziness and briefly losing consciousness. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour and underwent three operations last month.
"Although it's positive news I ask you to be prudent because the (recovery) process is slow and he will remain in hospital for a while yet," spokeswoman Susana Reverter Vazquez said in a statement.
"He is continuing his rehabilitation and visitors are restricted."
Ballesteros has a tumour that affects two types of brain cell and spreads inside the brain cavity.
He retired from golf last year after winning 87 titles including three British Opens and two US Masters.
Latest in Sport
The Premier League is about earning the right to play on the counter-attack - Danny Higginbotham
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace: Alan Pardew seems to be building something special down at the Palace
John Stones to Chelsea: Next season's bumper TV deal means clubs such as Everton can say 'no'
Kevin De Bruyne: Why do Manchester City put such a high value on a player Chelsea rejected?
Newcastle vs Arsenal: Play Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or Theo Walcott from the start
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 4 Jozef Wesołowski: Former Catholic archbishop found dead ahead of child sexual abuse trial
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs