Kaymer absence stuns Colsaerts
Thursday 23 August 2012
Nicolas Colsaerts is surprised that Martin Kaymer has chosen to skip the Johnnie Walker Championship, which starts at Gleneagles today, despite his Ryder Cup place being in jeopardy.
If the Belgian finishes in the top two, he can force his way into Jose Maria Olazabal's automatic top 10 for Chicago next month. That would leave ex-world No 1 Kaymer needing a captain's pick to make the team.
Colsaerts, who was 1,305th in the world three years ago, said: "Everybody goes about their business in different ways, but I'm amazed like everyone else."
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Missing out on Tottenham job was a 'close shave', says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend