Players wait on Ballesteros update
Justin Rose offered words of support to Seve Ballesteros today as the Spanish legend underwent a third operation to remove a brain tumour.
The Englishman, who had just completed his second round at the Castellon Masters, said all the players were waiting on tenterhooks for further news.
Ballesteros, the 51-year-old five-time major winner, was diagnosed with the tumour earlier this month and has already had two operations - the second to reduce swelling on the brain.
The latest operation began at 0830 this morning and was scheduled to last for around 10 hours.
"Everyone is keeping a very close eye on the situation and wishing Seve all the best," said Rose. "I haven't heard any more today but we are all wishing him and his family well.
"I know everyone here is sending their heartfelt best wishes and thinking of him."
Leader Alvaro Quiros, who won the Portugal Masters last week, echoed Rose's sentiments, adding: "We can't help him with words, that won't be enough.
"It is not in our hands and all I can say is good luck to Seve and I hope he recovers."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave