Button in confident mood as he prepares for British Grand Prix
Tuesday 09 June 2009
After admitting that he enjoyed every single lap of the Turkish Grand Prix, Jenson Button is determined to give his home fans something to be proud of in two weeks.
On Sunday the 29-year-old won his sixth Grand Prix in seven this season and now his sights are set on making it seven from eight at Silverstone on 21 June.
"The British race is always special," Button said, "and to come in leading by 26 points is really quite a nice feeling!"
If Button carries on the way he is going he could tie up the title by Valencia in August, but he is wary of over-the-top expectations. "I'd love to win every race this year, but there are another 19 guys trying to stop me. This car really suits me and I'm driving it at its best. You would say situation perfect, but it could so easily go the other way."
Video: It is the type of thing no parent wants to hear
Paul Scholes: Play-acting mystifies me. I was taught not to show pain
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Tottenham Hotspur vs Partizan Belgrade match report: Spurs go through in Europa League - but pitch invaders grab the attention
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'