Di Resta delighted to renew rivalries
Thursday 27 January 2011
Paul Di Resta is relishing the prospect of again going head to head with Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel after finally securing his place in Formula One. Di Resta will join world champions Hamilton and Vettel on the grid for the new campaign as Force India have put their faith in the 24- year-old Scot.
After taking part in eight Friday morning practice sessions last year Di Resta has replaced Vitantonio Liuzzi.
For Di Resta, who last year combined his F1 duties with clinching the German touring car title, it is the culmination of a journey that began as a child in karting. It was then that Di Resta first competed against Hamilton from the age of eight and Vettel when he was 13.
He said: "Looking at it, they were luckier than me. They had different backing and it got them where they wanted to go quicker. They had it easier but I've got there."
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate