Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber quickest in pre-season F1 testing
The final pre-season session before the start of the season is taking place
Thursday 28 February 2013
Red Bull driver Mark Webber set the pace today in cold and wet conditions on the first day of the final Formula One pre-season testing session, just ahead of Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
After Ferrari's Felipe Massa stopped on the track with less than half an hour to go, Webber out-dueled Hamilton with both clocking flying
laps just before the session ended.
Jean-Enric Vergne of Toro Rosso recorded the third fastest lap, in front of rookies Valtteri Bottas of Williams and Esteban Gutierrez of Sauber.
Testing continues through to Sunday before the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on March 17.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage