Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber quickest in pre-season F1 testing
The final pre-season session before the start of the season is taking place
Thursday 28 February 2013
Red Bull driver Mark Webber set the pace today in cold and wet conditions on the first day of the final Formula One pre-season testing session, just ahead of Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
After Ferrari's Felipe Massa stopped on the track with less than half an hour to go, Webber out-dueled Hamilton with both clocking flying
laps just before the session ended.
Jean-Enric Vergne of Toro Rosso recorded the third fastest lap, in front of rookies Valtteri Bottas of Williams and Esteban Gutierrez of Sauber.
Testing continues through to Sunday before the season-opening Australian Grand Prix on March 17.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East