MotoGP: Marquez wins four in a row
Sunday 25 August 2013
Marc Marquez made it four straight MotoGP race wins with victory at the Czech Grand Prix to extend his lead in the world championships to 26 points.
The Repsol Honda rider bided his time at Brno before making the decisive move on defending champion Jorge Lorenzo in the closing stages. The Yamaha Factory rider was also passed late on by Marquez’s team-mate Dani Pedrosa and had to settle for third on the podium.
“The battle with Jorge was so nice, I enjoyed it a lot,” said Marquez. “I never had a fight like this in MotoGP but in the end I opened up a little gap.”
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Liverpool 3 Cardiff City 1 match report: Luis Suarez leaves Malky Mackay with nothing but pride
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Spurs don't want Glenn Hoddle as their new manager
Arsène Wenger: Now is the time to finally beat Jose Mourinho
Manchester United 3 West Ham 1 match report: Ashley Young returns in style to finish off Hammers
- 1 Top PR exec Justine Sacco under fire for sending racist tweet before flying to Africa
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 The publisher who played with fire: the battle for control of Larsson's £30m legacy
- 5 Police seize possessions of rough sleepers in crackdown on homelessness