Motorcycling: Pedrosa doubtful for his home race
Tuesday 17 May 2011
dani pedrosa's participation in his home MotoGP on 5 June in Barcelona is uncertain after tests confirmed a clean break to his collarbone following a crash in Sunday's French Grand Prix, his team said yesterday.
The injury-prone Spanish Repsol Honda rider, third in the world championship standings after four races, was battling for second at Le Mans with Marco Simoncelli when he fell into the gravel after clipping the Italian's back wheel.
Pedrosa would "decide in the next few days if he will undergo surgery to repair the fracture with a new plate or let the bone heal itself without intervention," his team said.
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson destroys sorry England to give Australia command in second Test
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail