Red light shone at Olympic flame plane
Saturday 19 May 2012
Police are investigating a report that a red light was shone at the plane carrying the Olympic flame as it came in to land in Britain.
The flight, numbered BA2012 and also carrying dignitaries such as the Princess Royal and David Beckham, touched down at RNAS Culdrose in Cornwall yesterday.
Devon and Cornwall Police said: "We are investigating it but we do not believe that it was a laser."
The light may have been a firework set off at a party to mark the arrival of the flight, it was suggested.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Ian Herbert: England need to learn from Aussies and master art of avoiding ‘the creep’ so they can keep winning when they are winning
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive their rivalry - after a shared ice cream in Warsaw
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent