RACING: COMMENTARY: Aga unlikely to tackle Derby with Daylami
Monday 12 May 1997
Defeat came in different forms as Ian Balding's Seebe was edged out by Criquette Head's Always Loyal in the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches, but the British colts filled the last three places home behind Daylami in the Poule d'Essai des Poulains.
Michael Stoute's Yalaietanee disputed the lead with Godolphin's Bahamian Bounty, but faded into fourth as Daylami beat Loup Sauvage and Visionary to give the Aga Khan his sixth win in the race. Clive Brittain's Fantastic Fellow was fifth, while Bahamian Bounty finished sixth and last. The 8- 5 winner is entered in the Derby but will stay at events up to 10 furlongs.
Always Loyal, a 7-5 favourite, gave Head her sixth win in the race in holding off Seebe by a head. Mark Prescott's Red Camellia filled third, with Peter Chapple-Hyam's Dances With Dreams fourth and the Godolphin challengers Nightbird and Star Profile fifth and seventh.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...