Motorcycling: Stoner crash lets in Pedrosa
Monday 09 July 2012
The world champion, Casey Stoner, handed the initiative in the MotoGP title race to Jorge Lorenzo, after crashing on the last lap of the German Grand Prix at Sachsenring. Stoner's Repsol Honda team-mate, Dani Pedrosa, took his first win of the season.
Stoner slid off the track with only a handful of corners to go. Lorenzo came through to take second and establish a 14-point lead at the top of the standings; Andrea Dovizioso was third.
Lorenzo said: "We have luck from Casey's crash today. I would have been happy to finish third as the bike was not so good, but we were lucky."
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.