Mo Farah faults with camera-phone videos from Wimbledon's royal box
Paul Bignell is an Assistant News Editor at The Independent. He has previously been the acting News Editor of the i Paper, a home news reporter for The Independent for one year and a reporter for the Independent on Sunday for six years.
Thursday 27 June 2013
Double Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah was forced to remove video footage he had shot in the royal box at Wimbledon, after discovering he may have broken protocol by filming during play. The All England Club said it was “looking into” the incident after the athlete used his camera phone to take footage of the match between Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Ernests Gulbis on Wednesday, and posting the Instagram video on Twitter.
Farah, who sat in the royal box with Sir Bruce Forsyth and Carole and Michael Middleton, later wrote on the social networking site: “Really enjoyed been [sic] at Wimbledon today..!!” According to the rules, during the tournament phones “must be switched off in and around the courts in play” – rules of not posting images and films are also in part to do with rights’ holders, including the BBC. Today, Farah’s videos had been removed from Twitter.
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
Danny Welbeck signs for Arsenal: Gunners confirm signing from Manchester United
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain