The winners of the iQuiz first round
Wednesday 28 November 2012
It was a blistering night of vital trivia in 18 student unions across Britain yesterday, as more than a hundred teams took part in the inaugural iQuiz.
Set by The Independent's indisputed master of the obscure Simon O'Hagan, the quiz bamboozled some of the country's finest minds across 50 fiendish questions. And with a once-in-a-lifetime road trip across the country to play for, the stakes couldn't be higher.
This being the preliminary round, the winning team of four from each city will be put through to a grand final in the new year - venue TBC - in which all 18 teams will duke it out with their minds to be crowned iQuiz champions, and get their hands on that fabulous two-week holiday.
The winning teams are as follows:
- Birmingham – 50% more moustache
- Bournemouth – Severe Clever Warning
- Cardiff – Toby’s Kids
- Durham – Have ‘i’ Got Answers For You
- East Anglia – Three lefts don't make a right
- Exeter - Quizlamic Extremists
- Kent – Merry Quizmas
- Lancaster – Wingman
- Leeds – Jon Burgundy and the Channel 4 News Team
- Loughborough – Come back to my Dungeon
- Newcastle – If Carlsberg did quiz teams
- Nottingham – The Utensils
- Oxford – Paxman's Angels
- Plymouth – Robbin’s Raiders
- Sheffield – iQuiz Good
- Southampton – The Scrambled Eggheads
- Sussex – Universally Challenged
- Warwick – God works in Quizterious ways
Congratulations to all the winners - we'll see you next year!
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
Negotiable: Randstad Education Bristol: Teacher of Girls PE for Wiltshire scho...
£105 - £120 per day + Competitive Rates: Randstad Education Maidstone: Randsta...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Hull: We are looking for KS1 & KS2...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Internal Communications...