Testing a skier’s limit is at the heart of plans to reverse a drop in holidaymakers
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 13 August 2009
Riccardo Cassin came to have the status of a god in the climbing world.
Saturday 25 July 2009
"Are you sure you want to do this? It's very steep," says Yoris, my new cycling buddy. When you're facing the prospect of pedalling more than 16km uphill, these are not the kind of words you want to hear. Especially from a man like Yoris.
Saturday 18 July 2009
Tuesday 16 June 2009
Tuesday 16 June 2009
Wednesday 20 May 2009
Bob Geldof has said his TV production company intends to bid for a role in Northern Ireland when expected reform of regional news suppliers begins.
Sunday 03 May 2009
Six people were killed in an avalanche near the ski resort of Soelden in the Austrian Alps, media said on today quoting police and rescue services in the isolated high-altitude region.
Saturday 18 April 2009
Crikey, I thought, as the crowd on the hotel terrace began to dance on the tables and a guest at the party lit another joint: if this is Crystal's idea of a family hotel, I wonder what the company's version of Club 18-30 is like?
Friday 17 April 2009
While Young Simon was reacquainting himself with Ditchling Beacon, I was in the Alps - not cycling but on a skiing holiday with my family.
Friday 03 April 2009
By combining personalities and physics – both of an intriguingly quirky nature – Kumar transforms the sub-atomic debate between Einstein, Niels Bohr and others in their respective circles into an absorbing and (generally) comprehensible narrative.
Wednesday 25 February 2009
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent