Tom Hooper's quasi-operatic mega-musical is loaded with major historical events, weighty themes, tragic deaths and symbolic rebirths, so it's no wonder that the film version of Les Mis gets so exhausting, especially in the static, unspectacular second half.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 28 August 2011
Friday 26 August 2011
Thursday 25 August 2011
Anne Hathaway wanted to be a nun when she was younger.
Wednesday 17 August 2011
Anne Hathaway was a "late bloomer".
Sunday 14 August 2011
Sunday 14 August 2011
Tuesday 09 August 2011
Anne Hathaway believes in love at first sight.
Sunday 17 July 2011
Monday 11 July 2011
James Franco felt 'trapped by the poor quality' of the sketches at this year's Oscars.
Tuesday 01 March 2011
Did I mention I was once on polite nodding terms with Colin Firth at the school gates? Or that I almost had a blind date with Helena Bonham Carter?
Friday 25 February 2011
For years a proposed film adaptation of Charles Dickens's Great Expectations by one of Britain's best-loved authors languished in production limbo. The script had even been given the back-handed compliment of an inclusion on an annual list of the best British scripts that could not get made.
Friday 04 February 2011
Anne Hathaway is "dying" to have children.
Monday 20 December 2010
Friday 17 September 2010
Hollywood loves a good human- rights story. As long as it has box office potential. So it is no surprise that the story of human-rights activist Jack Healey has attracted heavyweight backing for its transition to the big screen.
Revealed: Hollywood's most bankable stars, including Shia LeBeouf, Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Aniston
Tuesday 31 August 2010
Forbes have released their annual list of Hollywood's most bankable stars, with some surprises in a list which includes Sarah Jessica Parker and Johnny Depp.
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow