“I found myself drifting off at university in econonics and politics lectures, imagining being on stage at the National.” Well, his dreaming has paid off. He follows in Rebecca Hall and Rory Kinnear's footsteps by winning the Ian Charleson Award for his role as Ross in Macbeth at Sheffield's Crucible Theatre.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 03 November 2011
Saturday 16 July 2011
Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was knifed to death today.
Friday 15 July 2011
Friday 03 June 2011
Friday 06 May 2011
Professor Tim Coulson describes meeting the wife of a man who died in his arms after the Edgware Road suicide bomb.
Thursday 28 April 2011
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with the blaze that closed the M1 in both directions for six days.
Wednesday 27 April 2011
Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with a blaze which closed the M1 motorway in both directions, Scotland Yard said today.
Monday 25 April 2011
Monday 11 April 2011
Notts County have named Martin Allen as their new manager less than a month after he joined Barnet.
Monday 28 March 2011
Wednesday 23 March 2011
Martin Allen is back in management as the new boss of League Two strugglers Barnet.
Thursday 17 March 2011
There was an avid discussion beforehand about whether time would have altered one of Toploader's most important features: Joseph Washbourn's hair. That crazy blond barnet; would time have cropped it short? Had maturity cut those curly locks? There's a collective ripple of relief as the band appear on stage – mop intact. Toploader are back.
Thursday 10 February 2011
Emergency services were called to the great train robber's nursing home in north London.
Tuesday 08 February 2011
A teacher has been suspended after an allegation that she encouraged her pupils to skip school to take part in protests against education cuts and rising tuition fees.
- 1 ‘Hello, NME? I’d like to complain about your Tom Odell review. Why? I’m his dad’
- 2 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 3 Exclusive: Newcastle United's star talent-spotter Graham Carr on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout at St James' Park
- 4 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
- 5 From charmer to bully: My encounter with Charles Saatchi