A lack of leadership from responsible authorities led to child abusers Jimmy Savile, Cyril Smith and Stuart Hall getting away with their crimes for so long, a police chief said today.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 23 June 2010
Police today named a man found stabbed to death in an alley in what may have been a honour killing.
Tuesday 11 May 2010
Saturday 20 March 2010
Monday 22 February 2010
Behind the gloriously uncomplicated triumph of Britain's world-beating skeleton gold medallist Amy Williams is an equally extraordinary story of determination, this one involving the design brilliance of another 27-year-old, Rachael Blackburn.
Saturday 20 February 2010
Friday 19 February 2010
A film showing two would-be terrorists dressed in camouflage, crawling across a town centre park in broad daylight was played to a jury today.
Thursday 04 February 2010
There were 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. But how many are there around the UK's roads today? 1.6 million. And their number has increased by 700,000 in just two years.
Wednesday 27 January 2010
Singer Susan Boyle returned home to find an intruder inside her house, police said today.
Tuesday 05 January 2010
A teenager who poured a can of petrol over his girlfriend and set her on fire was locked up for life today for her murder.
Saturday 02 January 2010
A man suffering from amnesia who was found collapsed outside a school is desperate to work out who he is, police said today.
Thursday 24 December 2009
An Iraqi asylum seeker who knocked down a 12-year-old girl and left her to die while banned from driving has won the right to remain in the UK.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding