A minimum target of three medals has been set - with as many as seven a possibility
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 16 June 2012
TV pick of the week
Sunday 03 June 2012
Sunday 13 May 2012
Friday 11 May 2012
With the eurozone crisis showing no signs of waning, people around the globe are looking to less traditional models, a new poll shows
Saturday 31 March 2012
Beach shots depict her as a curvaceous beauty queen. But 23-year-old Jenna Talackova was born male and that has led organisers to disqualify her as a finalist in the 61st Miss Universe Canada pageant.
Wednesday 29 February 2012
Now... Canadian Ski
A week-long ski break in Whistler is £969pp, with Air Canada flights from Heathrow to Vancouver via Montreal on 7 March, transfers and a fully catered stay at the Chalet Whistler Mountain House. Skiamericaonline.co.uk
Saturday 31 December 2011
Bargain of the week: The Oyster is your world
Saturday 24 December 2011
20-year study reveals significant social benefits follow a 10 per cent rise in the price of alcohol
Wednesday 21 December 2011
Canada's police force has been rocked by a spate of allegations of sexual harassment against male officers
Tuesday 13 December 2011
More than 1,000 Occupy Wall Street protesters have blocked cargo trucks at some of the West Coast's busiest ports, forcing terminals in Oakland, California, Portland, Oregon, and Washington state to halt operations.
Thursday 08 December 2011
Millions of people who rely on water from the glaciers of a mountain range in Peru are experiencing what scientists have called "peak water" - the point at which the runoff from the glaciers becomes progressively weaker even though the ice continues to melt.
Friday 09 September 2011
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Independent, Ski Independence and Tourism British Columbia, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
Saturday 30 July 2011
Sunday 24 July 2011
Shale gas is energy's "game-changer".
Thursday 14 July 2011
At nearly one million square kilometers of pristine wilderness and with a burgeoning population of grizzly bears and cougars, the forests and mountains of British Columbia are not a good place to get lost.
Kirstie Allsopp has waded into the female fertility debate again
Gillian Anderson lays into gender disparity in Hollywood
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son