Wall Street Bank agrees to make payouts to four regulators in compensation for derivative losses in 2012 costing $6.2bn
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 21 March 2008
Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JPMorgan Chase, made a plea to Bear Stearns employees to support his company's cut-price takeover of the collapsed investment bank – and he dangled the prospect of significant bonuses for those who stayed.
Sunday 03 February 2008
Monday 28 January 2008
Tony Blair, the former prime minister, is about to add Zurich Financial Services to his lucrative list of consultancies, according to rumours in Davos.
Thursday 10 January 2008
Tony Blair is taking a part-time post with one of the best-known American banks on an estimated salary of more than £500,000 a year.
Tuesday 06 June 2006
Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian President, was expected to call a referendum of Palestinians after the collapse of 11th hour talks aimed at securing Hamas's agreement to a plan aspiring to a two-state deal with Israel.
Saturday 12 February 2005
Tuesday 08 February 2005
Monday 07 February 2005
Tuesday 01 February 2005
Tuesday 24 June 2003
Saturday 01 February 2003
Wednesday 18 September 2002
Saturday 14 September 2002
Wednesday 05 April 2000
Saturday 11 December 1999
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 2 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 5 Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'