Six steps the world should take to fight climate change
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Thursday 29 July 2010
A promised grant of up to £5,000 towards the cost of an electric or ultra-low carbon car has survived Government cutbacks. The Transport Secretary Philip Hammond yesterday said the funding, first announced by the Labour government, will go ahead from January 2011.
Sunday 18 July 2010
Friday 16 July 2010
Shortly after 9am on Sunday, a new chapter will begin in European aviation history when flight ZA003 touches down in Hampshire and heralds the arrival of the much-anticipated – and greatly-delayed – Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the world's first airliner to be largely built from carbon fibre.
Tuesday 06 July 2010
Monday 05 July 2010
More than 150 "green" buses are to come into service following £15 million of additional Government funding announced today.
Wednesday 30 June 2010
Britain is not on course to meet its climate change targets for reducing carbon emissions, the Government is bluntly warned today.
Thursday 17 June 2010
When the International Whaling Commission meets in Morocco next week to discuss lifting the moratorium on commercial whaling, delegates might pause to consider an unexpected fact: the faeces of sperm whales is helping to save the planet.
Friday 11 June 2010
Thursday 27 May 2010
Wednesday 19 May 2010
Sunday 09 May 2010
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government