Sepulvado is due to be put to death on 5 February
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 23 January 2009
Wednesday 27 August 2008
* The competing cable news channels have gone further than ever in trying to make their mark. CNN and Fox News have taken over two local bars and utterly transformed them. The CNN Grill is especially impressive. The inside of what until last week was "Brooklyn's" has been repainted in deep CNN red and one outside wall is decorated with a giant neon star that, we are told, took six weeks to build and weighs 2,000lb. Why all the effort and money? (Did we mention the open bar?)
Friday 25 April 2008
One dollar per person in China – that's the sum a primary school teacher and a beautician are claiming in a $1.3bn (£660m) lawsuit against the US broadcaster CNN for insulting the Chinese people. The legal action, filed in New York, is the latest incident in an escalating row over Western media coverage of the clampdown on recent unrest in Tibet and disruptions to the Beijing Olympic torch relay abroad.
Sunday 23 March 2008
He was the everyman who became an international celebrity. John Smeaton – 'Smeato' to his army of fans – was lionised for helping police to foil an attempted car-bomb attack on Glasgow airport last June.
Monday 21 January 2008
Thursday 01 June 2006
Carrying a knife in public could lead to an automatic prison sentence under a review of the law following a spate of fatal stabbings.
Saturday 27 August 2005
Friday 12 August 2005
Sunday 24 April 2005
Monday 07 February 2005
Tuesday 28 September 2004
Sunday 05 September 2004
Thursday 22 April 2004
Tuesday 09 March 2004
Wednesday 28 January 2004
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Follow the latest events from this Champions League fixture
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'