Sepulvado is due to be put to death on 5 February
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 23 January 2009
Wednesday 27 August 2008
* The competing cable news channels have gone further than ever in trying to make their mark. CNN and Fox News have taken over two local bars and utterly transformed them. The CNN Grill is especially impressive. The inside of what until last week was "Brooklyn's" has been repainted in deep CNN red and one outside wall is decorated with a giant neon star that, we are told, took six weeks to build and weighs 2,000lb. Why all the effort and money? (Did we mention the open bar?)
Friday 25 April 2008
One dollar per person in China – that's the sum a primary school teacher and a beautician are claiming in a $1.3bn (£660m) lawsuit against the US broadcaster CNN for insulting the Chinese people. The legal action, filed in New York, is the latest incident in an escalating row over Western media coverage of the clampdown on recent unrest in Tibet and disruptions to the Beijing Olympic torch relay abroad.
Sunday 23 March 2008
He was the everyman who became an international celebrity. John Smeaton – 'Smeato' to his army of fans – was lionised for helping police to foil an attempted car-bomb attack on Glasgow airport last June.
Monday 21 January 2008
Thursday 01 June 2006
Carrying a knife in public could lead to an automatic prison sentence under a review of the law following a spate of fatal stabbings.
Saturday 27 August 2005
Friday 12 August 2005
Sunday 24 April 2005
Monday 07 February 2005
Tuesday 28 September 2004
Sunday 05 September 2004
Thursday 22 April 2004
Tuesday 09 March 2004
Wednesday 28 January 2004
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Chelsea victory parade mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 4 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says