Growing up in 1980s Southport, Matthew Baylis always felt a sense of solidarity with the gaffe-prone Duke of Edinburgh, who was, like him, “unpopular, posh, misunderstood and mocked”. So when he later learned of a tribe that worshipped Prince Philip as a god, he decided to investigate. Man Belong Mrs Queen tells the story of Baylis’s trip to the Melanesian island of Tanna, where he stays with the “Philippists”, shares their diet of yams and potent narcotics, and tries to get to the bottom of their religion.
Duke Of Edinburgh
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 06 April 2008
The Duke of Edinburgh left hospital today following three days' treatment and monitoring for a chest infection.
Dominic Lawson: The only conspiracy over Diana's death was Fayed's bid to manipulate the British public
Friday 04 April 2008
So there really was a conspiracy surrounding the circumstances of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. That much has finally been made clear at the conclusion of an inquest which has lasted six months and heard evidence from more than 250 witnesses.
Tuesday 01 April 2008
The Duke of Edinburgh and MI6 have been cleared of arranging the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed after the coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker said there was not a shred of evidence to support a conspiracy theory.
Sunday 13 January 2008
Sunday 16 December 2007
Saturday 08 July 2006
Thursday 06 July 2006
Monday 12 June 2006
The board of the steel group Arcelor is today expected to announce the rejection of an improved offer from Mittal Steel.
Sunday 15 January 2006
Saturday 12 November 2005
Sunday 14 August 2005
- 1 Pensioner James Gray places advert in newspaper for company on Christmas Day
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white