Elephants are among the most intelligent, gentle creatures on the planet. Yet they have suffered for centuries at the hand of man.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 08 August 2011
There was a time when a wind-battered man optimistically jutting his thumb into the air was a common sight on Britain's roadsides. Nor was it unusual for drivers to actually stop and offer a lift.
Sunday 26 June 2011
It was a Thursday evening in the Basildon Pitsea Leisure Centre. Phil pushed back his chair, and, swinging his legs up, slapped a mud-encrusted pair of workman's boots on the table. "These are my working-class object," he said. "I couldn't work without them. They say work to me. And working class means work."
Friday 10 June 2011
When Elizabeth became the Queen, he was forced to quit his job in the Navy, and became depressed for months
Wednesday 11 May 2011
Saturday 07 May 2011
Permits for wolf hunts are selling briskly in the US state of Idaho, after most wolves in the Northern Rockies were officially struck from the endangered species list in an unprecedented removal of protection by Congress.
Sunday 27 March 2011
Tuesday 22 March 2011
They are the adorable, furry little creatures with the big round eyes who almost purr in delight as they are tickled into a stupor. They are also an endangered species whose stardom on YouTube is fuelling a trade built on cruelty and abuse.
Wednesday 16 February 2011
Tuesday 08 February 2011
Thursday 03 February 2011
Friday 17 December 2010
An abandoned baby orang-utan had a luxury journey to its new adoptive home - as a first-class passenger on a cruise ferry.
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white