Ed Miliband has won an unexpected gong at the annual Spectator political awards for his speech to this year’s Labour Party conference. Unexpected because the magazine’s editor, Fraser Nelson, thought that the speech was constructed around “a dangerous principle, dug out of its 1970s grave and held up for applause”.
English Defence League
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 24 July 2011
Saturday 09 July 2011
The English Defence League (EDL) is to march against against Islam today in four towns and cities.
Sunday 26 June 2011
Ed Miliband raised the prospect of dramatically watering down the power union barons wield over Labour as he outlined plans yesterday to overhaul the way the party is run. Speaking in Wrexham, the Labour leader hinted that he may try to bypass the heads of Unite, Unison and the GMB, saying he wanted to "reach out" directly to three million nurses, call-centre workers, engineers and shop workers who are affiliated union members.
Saturday 25 June 2011
Friday 03 June 2011
Monday 23 May 2011
Prosecutors have dropped a common assault case against the founder of the English Defence League (EDL), a court official said today.
Saturday 21 May 2011
Sunday 15 May 2011
Friday 06 May 2011
Hundreds of Osama bin Laden supporters clashed with English Defence League extremists today as a "funeral service" for the assassinated terror leader sparked fury outside London's US Embassy.
Thursday 28 April 2011
Twenty squatters were being questioned by police today after a string of raids on the eve of the royal wedding.
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert