Being known as a "Cup team" is a mixed compliment, implying the ability to raise your game for one-off occasions, but never to sustain it. If Wigan Athletic, FA Cup winners relegated within a week, are newcomers to the genre, West Ham United have been at it rather longer.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 13 March 2011
Saturday 27 November 2010
Wednesday 15 September 2010
Friday 02 July 2010
Franz Beckenbauer has expressed sympathy for the controversial manner in which England bowed out of the World Cup and called for the introduction of technology to prevent such injustices in future.
Sunday 13 June 2010
Wednesday 09 June 2010
Sunday 06 June 2010
Wednesday 02 June 2010
Saturday 29 May 2010
Geoff Hurst rises unchallenged to score England's winner from Martin Peters' cross in the quarter-final against Argentina at Wembley.
Friday 09 April 2010
A British hospital has become the first in the world to give xenon gas to a stricken new-born baby to prevent it suffering brain injury.
Tuesday 16 March 2010
Saturday 07 November 2009
Monday 02 November 2009
England coach Fabio Capello will unveil a sculpture of World Cup-winning boss Sir Alf Ramsey at Wembley on Friday.
Saturday 10 October 2009
Saturday 12 September 2009
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 3 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor