Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 04 November 2008
Barack Obama made no secret of the reason for his 36-hour dash to Honolulu when only ten days remained before decision day in the presidential race. His beloved grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, was gravely ill and he was afraid she might not make it through to the campaign finish.
Monday 18 August 2008
Tourists were turned away from the Iolani Royal Palace in Honolulu yesterday as authorities assessed the damage from its brief occupation by protesters claiming they had reinstalled the islands' king on the Hawaiian throne.
Tuesday 06 May 2008
Tuesday 01 April 2008
Aloha Airlines, which has been transporting island-hoppers around the Hawaiian archipelago for more than 60 years, has completed its final passenger journey, brought low by the soaring cost of fuel and cut-throat competition.
Tuesday 19 February 2008
Tuesday 05 February 2008
A "plastic soup" of waste floating in the Pacific Ocean is growing at an alarming rate and now covers an area twice the size of the continental United States, scientists have said.
Friday 12 January 2007
Thursday 08 September 2005
Saturday 12 February 2005
Sunday 15 August 2004
Wednesday 22 December 1999
Saturday 04 December 1999
Thursday 04 November 1999
Wednesday 03 November 1999
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 3 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 4 Groundhog day looms for Arsène Wenger as Arsenal battle for a place in the Champions League on final day
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.