Two hundreds this week by England batsmen in the warm-up games before the Ashes series starts in Brisbane on 21 November. But they will soon be forgotten, whereas to score a Test century is to be remembered forever.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 21 August 2011
Monday 15 August 2011
The good: Those that made it worthwhile
Wednesday 10 August 2011
Strauss's team have faltered with winning post in sight before but this team have ability to finish off tourists
Wednesday 27 July 2011
Wednesday 20 July 2011
One of the two Roses rivals was tipped to challenge for the title this season, but it wasn't Lancashire. Peter Moores' side finished mid-table last season, some way from the struggle for the pennant, but they've looked a different team this year at their temporary home of Aigburth. Yorkshire, by contrast, are in trouble, having only escaped the relegation zone with last week's victory over Worcestershire.
Monday 18 July 2011
Saturday 16 July 2011
Friday 01 July 2011
In his first international match at Headingley, Tim Bresnan looked as though he might never play another anywhere. He and England were taken to the cleaners by Sri Lanka in a humiliating defeat which was as much an ordeal as it was a game.
Saturday 18 June 2011
Yorkshire completed a Twenty20 double over their rivals Lancashire last night courtesy of two England Lions: Andrew Gale and Adil Rashid. The former, the Yorkshire captain, hit 60 out of a total of 178 for 4 before Rashid's legbreaks proved too much for the Lancastrians.
Friday 10 June 2011
Owais Shah guided Essex to victory over Middlesex last night, hitting 78 to steady the Eagles after openers Ravi Bopara and Mark Pettini were out for ducks. Essex overhauled the home side's score of 150 for the loss of five wickets.
Wednesday 08 June 2011
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant