The late coming of Mitchell Johnson – with the bat – has papered over the thick cracks that still race in all directions through the Australian top order.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 04 September 2009
In Urdu, "balti" refers to a large receptacle for carrying water. You would no sooner cook with one than with a bucket. A Birmingham Balti magnate explains to Sardar, "It all started as a joke." Yet an Oxford dictionary now contains an entry for "Baltistan" in the Himalayas.
Friday 14 August 2009
Following in the footsteps of once-popular novelists Rose Macaulay and Margaret Kennedy, Josa Young debuts with an entertaining and charming romance about love, sex and the upper-middle classes behaving badly.
Monday 10 August 2009
Saturday 04 July 2009
At first glance, the news that Vikram Seth will, in four years, reprise his much-loved but muscle-straining saga A Suitable Boy with a sequel confirms the major plot-line in the book business just now. The recession has meant that, while most established authors are suffering, a small elite of bankable bestsellers is doing as well – or better – than ever. A rock-solid sales record can still open doors and wallets.
Saturday 20 June 2009
Saturday 13 June 2009
Thursday 04 June 2009
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson fell chest-deep into a river today in what he described as "the ultimate sacrifice" to promote volunteering.
Wednesday 27 May 2009
Monday 25 May 2009
Saturday 23 May 2009
Two people were killed and at least a dozen wounded when an explosion ripped through a church near the Nepali capital today, police said, hours before the country's parliament was set to elect a new prime minister.
Saturday 11 April 2009
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do