Report describes 'creeping process of changes' leading to those meant to protect vulnerable becoming 'informers'
'Homeless people need to be helped, not criminalised,' activists say
Shoppers trying to purchase tinned food for charity told they were 'buying too much'
Statistics authority warns Government claims to have halved homelessness only relate to narrow definition of terms
Channel 4 investigation follows group of actors routinely rejected when going to local authorities for help
Admission quotas would release opportunity for thousands of students. Let private schools take 7 per cent of the places, and give the remaining 93 per cent to state-educated students
Mother says Ronald Coyne, a very distant relative by marriage of Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon, has since handed out teas, coffees and sandwiches to street homeless
'We don’t want to see any of these devices in our city centre,' says councillor
Charities and opposition parties branded the sharp increase a disgrace
UK programmes are offering dispossessed women a second chance
The fast food giant caused a stir last December when it opened an outlet in a piazza to the right of the iconic St Peter’s Basilica
'All I hope is that people think to give people like Joey a little bit of their time. That's all I I wish for' says Charlotte Ellis
Hazel Sheffield volunteered to help the homeless at a local Crisis centre. Humbled by the experience, she asks why the Government isn’t doing more to help
Exclusive: Ethnic minorities now account for up to 40 per cent of all homeless households in England, despite being just 15 per cent of the population
Exclusive: Private renters account for 96 per cent of the rise in homelessness since 2010
Carys Lewis says the demand will be huge if the programme becomes operational