Baby boom helps Cussons profits
House Of Fraser
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 10 February 2009
Nearly all of the London head office staff at the beleaguered retail investor Baugur will be made redundant today.
Thursday 05 February 2009
Thursday 08 January 2009
Viyella, one of the oldest names in the British clothing industry, has joined the victims of the recession. Its womenswear section went into administration, though other parts of the business are still trading.
Sunday 23 November 2008
Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds (SWFs) are poised to swoop on the flagship Debenhams store in Oxford Street, following the collapse of a £150m deal with a Ukrainian investor.
Monday 13 October 2008
Retail billionaire Sir Philip Green edged closer to a deal to buy the debts of Icelandic investor Baugur, a once- powerful predator that acquired a string of famous brands.
Saturday 04 October 2008
Sunday 24 August 2008
Iceland's chief executive, Malcolm Walker, is expected to meet Woolworths chairman, Richard North, this week to discuss a new takeover bid for the pick-'n'-mix retailer.
Thursday 21 August 2008
House of Fraser has delivered a healthy uplift in sales and profits, as the changes made by its new management team bear fruit despite tough trading conditions on the high street.
Tuesday 19 August 2008
Tuesday 17 June 2008
Tuesday 29 January 2008
The struggling photographic equipment retailer Jessops has paid its executive chairman, David Adams, a cash bonus of £500,000 for securing new banking facilities for the company and saving it from collapse.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail