The French department store Galeries Lafayette is in exclusive talks to buy its British rival House of Fraser.
House Of Fraser
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 17 June 2008
Tuesday 29 January 2008
The struggling photographic equipment retailer Jessops has paid its executive chairman, David Adams, a cash bonus of £500,000 for securing new banking facilities for the company and saving it from collapse.
Tuesday 08 January 2008
House of Fraser delivered a set of sparkling Christmas figures yesterday and helped to spread some cheer in the beleaguered retail sector.
Saturday 10 June 2006
Friday 09 June 2006
Ed Joyce was able to celebrate his call-up to the England one-day squad yesterday with a big hundred in the four-day match here. It was the third time he has passed 150 in his burgeoning career - one of his previous ones was scored here last year - and his third in all at the Walker Ground.
Friday 19 May 2006
National Grid, the owner of Britain's gas and electricity transmission networks, unveiled plans yesterday to invest £12bn over the next five years.
Thursday 18 May 2006
Monday 26 September 2005
Saturday 20 August 2005
Wednesday 05 January 2005
The first proof that retailers struggled during the crucial Christmas period emerged yesterday when Woolworths and House of Fraser issued profits warnings.
Thursday 30 September 2004
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'