Congress-led federal government wants to create a new area called Telangana
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 05 December 2011
Though he lived in India and China 200 years ago, a rare exhibition of work by the painter George Chinnery shows his modernity
Monday 29 August 2011
Wednesday 27 July 2011
Changes to India's strict investment rules mean overseas retailers can now be majority shareholders
Saturday 23 July 2011
New Zealand yesterday appointed Australian Damien Wright as their new bowling coach on a two-year deal.
Thursday 30 June 2011
England's cricketers will at last have the chance to draw breath this winter. Not only will they be home for Christmas but they will also have more than two months off leading into the new year. Securing the break in the relentless schedule was an integral part of the England and Wales Cricket Board's tour negotiations for the winter.
Sunday 24 April 2011
Hindu holy man Sathya Sai Baba, considered a living god by millions of followers worldwide, died on Sunday morning in a hospital near his southern Indian ashram, a doctor said. He was 86.
Sunday 30 January 2011
Wednesday 12 January 2011
India is being forced to confront disturbing evidence that increasingly suggests a secret Hindu terror network may have been responsible for a wave of deadly attacks previously blamed on radical Muslims.
Wednesday 15 December 2010
Monday 13 December 2010
Pakistani authorities have arrested a doctor on suspicion of violating the country's contentious blasphemy laws after he threw away the business card of a man who shared the name of the Prophet.
Monday 22 November 2010
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail