Biannual ranking of world's most powerful machines sees China take the top spot, though the US dominates in terms of sheer numbers
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 06 April 2009
IBM withdrew its offer to buy Sun Microsystems for about $7 billion over the weekend, clouding the prospects for a deal that would have shaken up the computing industry, AP has learned.
Saturday 04 April 2009
Friday 03 April 2009
Thursday 19 March 2009
Shares in Sun Microsystems, the pioneering IT company, surged on news that rival IBM has suggested a takeover at twice the previous price.
Tuesday 17 March 2009
Cisco Systems wants a bigger chunk of the corporate computing market, and plans to start selling servers in competition with old partners like Hewlett-Packard and IBM.
Tuesday 09 September 2008
Efforts to save Bletchley Park, the historic site where wartime code-breakers cracked the Germans' infamous Enigma code, from further disrepair have been given a boost by a donation of $100,000 (£57,000) from two large American hi-tech firms.
Thursday 19 June 2008
Women may have been battling the glass ceiling for 30 years, but for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities – LGBT for short – equally pressing is the "pink plateau" that in many organisations still sidelines non-heterosexuals and denies them the pick of top jobs.
Monday 17 April 2006
Sunday 11 September 2005
Sunday 07 August 2005
Thursday 09 December 2004
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white