Agreement guarantees that torture evidence would not be used against 52-year-old
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 27 March 2013
Victory would have seen Japan qualify for the 2014 World Cup
Tuesday 26 March 2013
Australia's poor start to World Cup qualification continues
Sunday 24 March 2013
View From Ascot
Wednesday 20 March 2013
Jordan's monarch hits out at US journalist as comments about several Arab leaders cause a stir
Monday 11 March 2013
The Government's seemingly endless battle to deport the radical cleric Abu Qatada went back before the courts today.
Saturday 09 March 2013
Group, from the Philippines, transferred to Jordan after three days of captivity
Friday 08 March 2013
Suleiman Abu Ghaith, thought to have been involved in planning the 9/11 attacks, will answer terror charges in the USA
Wednesday 06 March 2013
In excess of half the refugees are children who face the prospect of having their lives forever blighted by the conflict
Monday 25 February 2013
The family of radical preacher Abu Qatada has won an injunction preventing protesters from demonstrating outside their home.
Tuesday 19 February 2013
Friday 15 February 2013
A second relative of a UK patient who recently contracted a potentially fatal Sars-like virus has become infected with the disease, taking the total to three within the family, health experts said.
Thursday 31 January 2013
With a a massive flow of refugees, there is still a long way to go before they get the support they need
Wednesday 30 January 2013
Said Musa Maragha, better known by his nom de guerre, "Abu Musa", was a hard-line Palestinian military commander who rebelled against Yasser Arafat to form a rival party. He died in Damascus on 29 January at the age of 86.
Tuesday 29 January 2013
The United Nations has said that it was struggling to cope with an “unrelenting flow” of families fleeing violence in Syria, as the number of documented refugees topped 700,000.
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria