The Russian leader also denied that his new term has seen an increase in ‘Stalinist’ tendencies
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 08 November 1999
Tuesday 14 September 1999
OUR DUMB CENTURY: Giant poster of Mao seizes power in China - Enormous placard now controls world's most populous nation
Sunday 05 September 1999
Saturday 07 August 1999
Sunday 09 May 1999
Monday 15 February 1999
Monday 04 January 1999
Wednesday 30 December 1998
Tuesday 22 December 1998
Friday 11 December 1998
Monday 19 October 1998
Saturday 26 September 1998
Friday 04 September 1998
Tuesday 01 September 1998
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.