Punters were taking the lead from Sports Direct chiefs yesterday as they dumped the retailer’s shares. Investors decided that the chief executive and finance director of the sportswear chain must know a thing or two about when to sell. Last week it emerged chief executive Dave Forsey and finance director Bob Mellors cashed out their bonus scheme options. The shares edged back on Friday but yesterday the stock bore the brunt of investors’ change of heart and it was the worst faller on the FTSE 100.
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent