Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 04 September 2011
I remember reading an article about major celebrities raking in the money by doing naff adverts in Japan which they thought nobody would ever see.
Sunday 14 August 2011
When, last week, I wrote about Canadians and their view of Brits being not a little influenced by Mary Poppins, I urged us to beef up our PR. Little did I imagine that the country would take this so literally. Britain's image, as seen from over the Atlantic, has changed dramatically.
Sunday 14 August 2011
When Norway wanted to show social healing of its deep wound, its citizens held up roses. Young Iranians tried and poignantly failed to bring freedom by showing hands painted green. America reaches instinctively for the Stars and Stripes in times of national trauma. And Britain? Oh, we have the broom.
Friday 27 August 2010
Friday 16 July 2010
Did we need a sequel to Emma Thompson's nanny caper? Mary Poppins didn't even get one and it was a spoonful of sugar more inventive than this.
Monday 12 July 2010
Saturday 08 May 2010
Sunday 02 May 2010
Saturday 24 April 2010
Female Tory candidates standing for the first time in this election have made it pretty clear they don't want to be called "Cameron's Cuties".
Sunday 07 March 2010
Wednesday 24 February 2010
Sunday 15 November 2009
Monday 28 September 2009
Tuesday 28 April 2009
Thursday 03 April 2008
From the African jungle where Tarzan swings through the trees to the pea-souper skies of London where Mary Poppins floats on high, Bob Crowley's set designs have been the backdrop for some of the biggest theatrical hits to grace the West End and Broadway.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain