There is no way that the results of this year’s international PISA test results can be summed up as anything other than a disappointment for the UK.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 29 September 2013
Plus: Cameron remembers things differently, On election debates, I agree with Ed, A fat lot of respect for poor Michael Gove
Tuesday 24 September 2013
It’s vital that we make SRE – including a proper education about women’s autonomy, rape, and consent – a statutory part of the curriculum
Wednesday 18 September 2013
All the talk has been of cabinet reshuffles in the run-up to the party conference season – but now it looks like they may be delayed until after it is over.
Wednesday 04 September 2013
Teachers are being put under pressure to “inflate” and “invent” pupils' marks in science coursework to improve their schools' GCSE results and boost their league table rankings, according to research being published today.
Sunday 01 September 2013
'Unacceptable' grades embarrass flagship state school funded by private Wellington College
Monday 26 August 2013
Libertarians might run a mile, but radical steps are needed
Sunday 18 August 2013
One of the country’s biggest academy chains is busting the Government’s pay ceiling for public sector workers by offering all its teachers a 1.5 per cent pay rise.
Sunday 18 August 2013
The science pass rate is set to drop as a result of examiners making physics, chemistry and biology papers tougher
Tuesday 13 August 2013
Teachers can inspire and enthuse only if they have been trained in their subjects
Monday 05 August 2013
And teaching it shouldn't just be a Conservative project
Monday 29 July 2013
More than one in four parents plan to hire tutors during the summer holidays, according to an organisation that offers online maths tutorials.
- 1 North Korea: Kim Jong Un 'sacks powerful uncle and has his aides executed'
- 2 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert