The Big Four accountants could find themselves being stripped of their most lucrative audit deals every 10 years, according to tough new rules proposed by the European Union.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 08 June 2009
The war of the rosés is over. The European Commission announced today that it had abandoned its plans to allow European winemakers to make cheap rosé wine by mixing red and white wines together.
Friday 18 March 2005
Monday 08 November 2004
The French Foreign Minister, Michel Barnier, described Yasser Arafat's condition as "very complex, very serious and stable" yesterday. In a television interview with LCI, Mr Barnier said: "He's alive", but did not give further details.
Wednesday 19 May 2004
Saturday 10 July 1999
Saturday 24 May 1997
Saturday 15 March 1997
Friday 24 May 1996
Thursday 14 March 1996
Saturday 16 December 1995
Thursday 14 September 1995
Friday 11 August 1995
Friday 04 August 1995
Thursday 29 June 1995
Thursday 22 June 1995
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers