The Cuban physician Carlos J Finlay has been honoured with a Google Doodle on the 180th anniversary of his birth.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 01 January 2011
Military aircraft dropped supplies to towns cut off by floods in northeastern Australia as the prime minister promised new assistance yesterday to the 200,000 people affected by waters covering an area larger than France and Germany combined.
Friday 31 December 2010
Saturday 13 November 2010
Friday 22 October 2010
Friday 24 September 2010
If the fate of the Commonwealth Games depends on the efforts of people such as Sanjay Kumar, then one can take comfort from the attention to which the young man was giving his work.
Thursday 23 September 2010
Saturday 18 September 2010
Thursday 16 September 2010
Thursday 02 September 2010
A viral fever that spreads through mosquito bites is likely to be highly prevalent during next month's Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, health officials in India said yesterday.
Sunday 18 July 2010
Mosquito-borne dengue fever is reaching epidemic stages across the Caribbean, with dozens of deaths reported and health authorities concerned it could get much worse as the rainy season advances.
Friday 16 July 2010
It looks ingenious. If you can't eradicate malaria in humans, why not do so in mosquitoes? It would accomplish a goal of which scientists hardly dared dream: a malaria-free world.
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white