Reports suggest Dave and Angela Dawes’ relationship struggled under pressure of lottery success
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 27 November 2011
One lucky winner scooped Saturday's Lotto jackpot of £4.4 million, Camelot said.
Saturday 19 November 2011
Cash-strapped families across Britain are increasingly putting their faith in winning a bumper jackpot, as sales of National Lottery tickets hit record highs.
Friday 18 November 2011
National Lottery operator Camelot has paid out record amounts to prize winners and good causes after its draws and scratchcards surged in popularity.
Friday 28 October 2011
Friday 14 October 2011
And finally, here was an item of news to bring a smile to the nation's lips after a succession of stories about falling incomes, rising costs of living, inflation and spiralling unemployment. Someone had just been awarded a huge, unearned bonus of more than £101m. The word "bonus" was not, of course, used. Had the money been paid to a banker or chief executive, it would have been reported at the business end of the news, accompanied by furrowed brows and disapproving soundbites.
Wednesday 28 September 2011
The Health Lottery will give 20p from each ticket to good causes, compared to the National Lottery's 28p. Mr Desmond says he will donate at least £50m a year to health charities
Friday 22 July 2011
Sports fans who missed out on Olympic tickets are being given a second chance thanks to a new Lottery game.
Tuesday 19 July 2011
World champion Thor Hushovd today claimed his second stage win of the 2011 Tour de France with victory in a sprint finish in Gap.
Sunday 17 July 2011
Saturday 16 July 2011
Wednesday 13 July 2011
A single British ticket holder has become Europe's biggest ever lottery winner, scooping a record-breaking £161 million EuroMillions jackpot.
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Hate With Friends: Now you can find out who your Facebook frenemies are
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert