Jobless 18- to 21-year-olds without a basic standard of English or mathematics will be denied benefits unless they return to classes to improve their skills.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 14 December 2008
Tuesday 02 December 2008
Climate Change Secretary Ed Miliband today called for a European deal on renewable energy and reducing emissions as the "only route" to securing an international agreement on global warming.
Thursday 20 November 2008
Britain's aid agencies are appealing for funds to ease the desperate plight of people affected by the violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo. More than 250,000 people have been forced to flee their homes.
Friday 22 August 2008
Photographer Leslie Knott travelled to Afghanistan with Oxfam and handed out cameras to women who had never taken pictures before. Here, the results offer an unique insight into their lives
Monday 11 August 2008
Thursday 24 July 2008
Millions of people in East Africa are being pushed into starvation and destitution due to rocketing food prices, a UK charity warned today.
Friday 04 July 2008
Thursday 26 June 2008
There are still ways of getting to see your favourite bands at this summer’s festivals if you are willing to work for it.
Thursday 29 May 2008
Sunday 11 May 2008
Monday 28 April 2008
I'm not entirely sure that I like this week's Best in Show. But I suspect that's actually the point.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding