Jobless 18- to 21-year-olds without a basic standard of English or mathematics will be denied benefits unless they return to classes to improve their skills.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 14 April 2008
Human rights and aid agencies have accused ministers of undermining the international plan to ban the use of cluster bombs.
Wednesday 26 March 2008
Sunday 03 February 2008
Ripping off designer looks is a short cut to riches for some high street chains. But the latest case of copycat fashion has handed an unexpected windfall to Oxfam.
Sunday 21 May 2006
Thursday 18 May 2006
It's been tough since at least 1859 for those who insist on the exclusive and invincibly superior nature of our species, and it's not getting any easier. Now we learn that we may have been rubbing along with chimpanzees in the closest possible way for four million years or so. This might make uncomfortable reading for some; others will wonder how the chimpanzees feel about it.
Tuesday 07 February 2006
Monday 07 November 2005
Monday 10 October 2005
Saturday 10 September 2005
Thursday 30 June 2005
Saturday 11 June 2005
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram